KISSIMMEE MIDDLE SCHOOL
At Freedomland Christian Academy, our middle school in Kissimmee program includes seventh, and eighth-grade levels.
Abeka’s high-quality, traditional-education materials will give your child a solid foundation for excellence in academics and success in life. The Grade 7 Curriculum contains all essential textbooks and coordinated materials, including assessments, for an entire year of schooling in English, Basic Math, Life Science, and World History. Grade 7 Curriculum confidently teach and guide your seventh grader through a year of academic excellence from a biblical worldview.
Literature—Stories about people—pioneers, patriots, professional athletes, etc.—entertain, inspire, and teach young people. Great storytellers like Dickens, O’Henry, and Kipling will develop your child’s vocabulary and reading comprehension. Discussion and essay questions build his thinking skills.
Grammar and Composition—A solid foundation in traditional grammar teaches your child how language works and develops his logical thinking. A variety of writing applications ensure that his communication skills are strengthened.
Vocabulary, Spelling, Poetry—Knowing the best word is often what distinguishes the best communicators. The 20 weekly spelling words and 7 vocabulary words from the literature will take your child one step closer toward that goal. And he will learn from memory 8 poems, including “If” by Kipling!
- Basic Math—Advance confidently into algebra through work with polynomials, square roots, and simplifying equations. Your child will be introduced to basic geometry and trigonometry in problem-solving exercises that apply concepts. Constant reinforcement of essential skills lays the foundation for success with new concepts.
- Life Science—Your seventh grader will get a clear presentation of life science and how all of life from insects to plants to people work together within God’s order and design. Over 250 labeled pictures and charts make it real—and interesting!
- World History—Help your child learn about the past from a Christian perspective and plan for the future in light of Christian principles. His study will take him through the halls of history to meet the Egyptians and their pyramids, Rome and its empire, Johann Gutenberg and his printing press, America and the Industrial Era, and more.
Abeka’s high-quality, traditional-education materials will give your child a solid foundation for excellence in academics and success in life. The Grade 8 Curriculum contains all essential textbooks and coordinated materials, including assessments, for an entire year of schooling in English, Pre-algebra, Earth and Space Science, and U.S. History. Grade 8 Curriculum confidently teach and guide your child through a year of academic excellence from a biblical worldview.
Literature—No study of literature is complete without exposure to authors such as Robert Frost, Pearl Buck, and Carl Sandburg. Memorable selections based on missionary and military adventures go straight to the reader’s heart and inspire perseverance and courage. Discussion and essay questions build analytic skills.
Grammar and Composition—Dive deeper into punctuation protocols, antecedents and appositives, diagraming and dependent clauses. Your child will combine his understanding of grammar and usage with researching and writing techniques to deliver quality compositions.
Vocabulary, Spelling, Poetry —Knowing the best word is often what distinguishes the best communicators. The 20 weekly spelling words and 10 vocabulary words from the literature will take your child one step closer toward that goal. And he will learn 9 poems, including Frost’s “Stopping by Woods.”
- Pre-algebra—This bridge year begins with a cumulative reinforcement of basic mathematical concepts and procedures upon which algebra is built. Then comes work with topics such as multiplying and dividing polynomials, complementary and supplementary angles, and algebraic word problems, giving your child a smooth transition to Algebra I.
- Earth and Space Science—From earthquakes and volcanoes to clouds and galaxies, your child will study features of God’s creation here on earth as well as in the Great Beyond! He will be given a detailed understanding of earth and space science.
- U. S. History—Eighth graders learn about the personalities and events that shaped the American character. The emphasis on faith, patriotism, and moral conviction makes history meaningful for them. A semester of semi-independent projects in civics will teach your child how the United States government operates.
Students also have elective courses like Physical Education and Drama. There is also one hour a week of chapel service and class taught by our pastor.
If you have any questions about our private middle school in Kissimmee, please contact us at 407-935-9088.